This year, we encourage you to create a sacred space in your home around an Advent wreath to help you mark the season. We will provide you with a simple liturgy you can use to light the candles each week, and you can have your wreath lit beside you as you engage with virtual worship.
Our Advent sermon series will explore names given to Jesus from each of the four gospels. The music will reflect the joy of the season.
“THE NAMES OF JESUS”
- Sunday, November 29: First Sunday in Advent “Immanuel”
- Sunday, December 6: Second Sunday in Advent “Messiah” and The Sacrament of Communion
- Sunday, December 13: Third Sunday in Advent “The Light”
- Sunday, December 20: Fourth Sunday in Advent “Savior”
- Thursday, December 24: Children’s Program Candlelight Service “Gifts of the Magi
ADVENT SMALL GROUPS
Spiritual Practices for the Season, a book by Kathleen Long Bostrom
- Mondays beginning November 30 at 1:30 p.m. with Alexandra Mead and 7:30 p.m. on Zoom with Rev. Sarah Green.
- Wednesdays beginning December 2 at 7:30pm on Zoom with Vern Verhoef.
Dear PCM Family,
Since we cannot worship together in person this Advent, we’re encouraging our entire church family to bring an Advent wreath into your own home and light it each week. You can use this simple liturgy to invite in the light of Jesus Christ during this season. We’ll use this same liturgy for our recorded worship services. Whether you’re able to watch or not, you can know that this liturgy and these candles connect us all together across the distance, and remember the love of your church family.
A blessed Advent to all. -Pastor Sarah.