Fall Food Drive for the Interfaith Food Pantry
GIVE THANKS, GIVE FOOD
November 1 thru November 21
Our neighbors in Morris County need help! Thousands of families rely on the Interfaith Food Pantry Network to celebrate a holiday meal on Thanksgiving as well as stock their empty shelves for the autumn season. Our congregation has always believed that November is a month of thanksgiving and sharing with others, and we have a special opportunity to do a second food drive with IPFN this fall. So…as you give thanks, give food! IFPN needs Thanksgiving food (we are collecting the non-perishable trimmings only!) and they also need basic foods and money. Lists of needed food can be found below and if you are thinking Thanksgiving food, you must have your donation to us by November 15.
Food donations can be dropped off
- On the Parish House porch Monday – Thursday 9am-3pm
- During Sunday services at the Church on the Green. Collection bins are in the Narthex and Mutch Hall back entrance.
You can also order food via an Amazon Food Drive wish list. Food ordered on the wish list will be delivered to the Parish House.
Financial donations welcomed!
- Checks should be made out to the Presbyterian Church in Morristown with a note for “Food Drive for the IFPN”. Checks should be mailed to the Parish House (65 South Street, Morristown NJ 07960)
- Credit cards: use Breeze drop-down menu for Food Drive for IFPN.
We are so grateful to the church community, including not only the adults but also our nursery school families, church families and youth groups for supporting Outreach’s many requests for help, and we look forward to your generous support again!
Thanksgiving Food Needs List
- Instant mashed potatoes
- Turkey gravy (no glass jars please)
- Cranberry sauce
- Canned yams or sweet potatoes
- Hearty soups
- Jello and pudding mixes
- Canned vegetables (corn, peas, green beans)
- Apple, cranberry, grape (100% fruit juice) (64 oz.)
- Muffin or roll mix
- Brownie mix or cake mix and icing
- Coffee, tea, hot cocoa mix
Current Food Needs of IFPN*
- Dry milk (1 qt pkg.), Evaporated milk
- Soups (hearty, low sodium & condensed)
- Canned fruit
- Cereal (low sugar, high fiber)
- Hamburger Helper, Rice-a-Roni/Pasta-Roni, Mac & Cheese
- Pasta & tomato sauce/tomato products
- Canned vegetables and beans (all types except green beans)
- Canned meats/meals, ravioli, hash, stew, chili & tuna
- Peanut butter & jelly in plastic jars
- Boost, Boost Glucose Control, Ensure or Glucerna
- Baby food stages 1, 2, and 3 fruits, vegetables, meats, and meals
* Consider low-salt, low sugar and gluten-free items as well as
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Karen at .