Stewardship Campaign: $900,000:
- Will Help Fund our Church Programs
- Consistent with last year’s goal but less than PCM total $1.6 Million 2020 budgeted spend
- Shortfall covered primarily by Endowment withdrawals and outside revenues
Community Matching Gift Program: $45,000 + Lead Donor match = $90,000
- Will provide 50 Scholarships to Summer Plus program
- Administered through Morris Educational Foundation and Morris School District
- To date, lead donors have committed $45,000; non-member has committed $10,000
- Open to all Morris-area students
Community Matching Gift contribution is over and above PCM Pledge and is not intended to take away from it – we need both!
Submitting Your Stewardship Pledge
When you receive your pledge card in early November, please fill it out and return it to:
The Presbyterian Church in Morristown, 65 South Street, Morristown, NJ 07960.
You may also pledge early by completing the pledge form below.
Congregational Letter From Stewardship Committee
Dear Members and Friends of Presbyterian Church in Morristown,
PCM is alive and thriving! Online activities have flourished—thanks to our creative and capable staff. 43 youngsters participated in Vacation Bible School. The Nursery School, Midweek and Youth Groups are up and running with gusto. Our kids and parents are delighted! Your Stewardship pledges and contributions make all our programs possible!
Our stewardship theme this year is: “Our Children. Our Community. Our Commitment.”
We nurture our children through every step of their lives providing a strong foundation of Christian faith. And we continue with adult education and service to our seniors. Through all these programs, God shapes us as His children. And now more than ever, we need you, our PCM family,
to pledge your support.
What more can we do? Two Ways to ensure a promising future:
- Pledge to our church goal of $900,000. We had pledges of $858,000 last year —we feel we can do it plus a little more! We are honored to announce that every current Elder and Deacon have pledged to the 2021 campaign.
- Matching Gift Contribution to our children in the community. PCM is providing scholarships to deserving children to attend Summer programs. Our goal is to raise $90,000. Many PCM families have sent their children to these programs and give them rave reviews.
What can I do now?
- Read Tower Tidings
- Listen/attend 6 Stewardship Sundays – October 11 thru November 15 (Consecration Sunday)
- Attend an Affinity Zoom meeting on Sunday, October 18, from 5-6PM
- Pray for guidance and direction
- Give thanks for our caring staff, our dedicated leaders and our compassionate congregation
You will receive two cards this year. One for your 2021 Pledge to the church goal of $900,000 and one for your contribution to the Children Summer Programs.
If you haven’t pledged before, please consider starting now. If you have pledged in the past, we hope you maintain or increase your pledge. Once you decide on your PCM pledge, please consider contributing to the Community Summer Children programs.
Our church is a living, thriving beacon of Christ’s love and grace for all. Thanks be to God for our many gifts and blessings.
- September 3
- PCM Leadership Commitment
- October 11
- 2021 Stewardship Campaign Kickoff
- Nursery School, Pre-School Advantage, Young Families Group
- October 18
- K – Grade 2, MAP, Bel Melodia
- Affinity Group Zoom Meetings
- October 25
- Grades 3 – 5, Bel Canto, Table of Hope, 3rd Grade Bible
- November 1
- Middle / High School Youth Sunday, COGIC Afterschool Program
- November 8
- College and Young Professionals, Alumni kids
- November 15
- Consecration Sunday
- November 29
- Stewardship Campaign Update and Recap
Definition: A group of people linked by common interests or purpose.
At PCM, we have one common purpose: To serve God and we serve Him in many ways – through education, music, service to each other and the community.
We will hold Affinity Group Zoom Meetings led by church and congregational leaders on Sunday, October 18 from 5 to 6 pm:
- Infant to 5th Grader Parents
- Middle School and High School Students and Parents
- Music — Choirs, Ringers and Music Appreciators
- Adult Groups
Group Leaders will discuss vision, plans and programs. Stewardship team will outline goals and campaign activities, opportunity to ask questions.
Attend an Affinity Zoom meeting on Sunday, October 18 from 5-6PM.
RSVP by Friday October 16. Use the button below or call the church office at 973-538-1776.